Blog Archive

Thursday, April 7, 2011

5 minutes of Fame and Weekend Plans

| | 0 comments

I can't really believe it but I'm scheduled to go on TV for a live interview this afternoon on Twin Cities Live to talk about the 4th annual MN Alpaca Expo happening in Owatonna this Sat. and Sunday.

This has completely thrown me off schedule for the day.

For example...

I was up at 4:15am this morning to color my roots. 

I had to change out of my jammies, which I've been in all week.

I had to curl my hair.  It had been so long since I've used one I had forgotten how to use my curling iron.

I had to put on makeup.

I had to say good-bye to my Peeps for 12 hours. I'm sure they will all be so big I will not recognize them when I return tonight.

I don't know which of the above 5 things was the most painful.

I have dress clothes in the car to change into.  Now that I think about it, I'll probably have to change into them en route to the interview.

No, I'm not driving. That would be just plain dangerous.


I could have brought my outfit into Papa Bear's office with me this morning, but I was already hauling too much baggage including... oh, wait, I did bring my outfit in with me.  I better go change into it right now.

That would explain why the woman in the elevator this morning looked at me coming on with my rolling computer case (filled with 2 computers), my outfit, and two other bags of stuff and say, 'And I thought I had a lot of baggage!'

I looked at her and said, 'You have no idea, Honey.  20 years of therapy and counting!'

No, I didn't really say that to her.  That was just the dialogue in my head afterwards.


Things I realize I forgot today:

To avoid eating anything with onions in my lunch.

A toothbrush and toothpaste.

I have never been in a TV studio before.  My friend Justin of  Kinney Valley Alpacas called me early this morning to give me all kinds of helpful advice to get through the interivew.  Such as...

  • Try not to snort if the host makes you laugh.
  • Try not to spit while you're talking.
  • Drink lots of caffeine right before you go on.
  • Have Papa Bear stand behind the camera man and make faces at you.
With all of this good advice, what could possibly go wrong?

Tune in later for my update on how it went, and for all things alpaca, come on down to Owatonna tomorrow to the Four Seasons Center - free parking, free admission, open 9am-5pm Sat. and 9am-3pm Sunday. 

Over 600 alpacas from 20 states will be competing for ribbons and championship banners. If you've ever wanted to get your hands on an alpaca or any of the wonderful products that can be made from their fleece, you really need to zip on down.

Oh, and a little peep told me there will be Fair Food Vendors there - from corn dogs to Kettle Korn to mini-donuts, visitors will be indulging in all kinds of yummy nommeryness!

See you all soon!






0 comments:

 
Follow Gypsy Farmgirl on Instagram Follow Gypsy Farmgirl on Twitter Follow Gypsy Farmgirl on Flikr Follow Gypsy Farmgirl on Pinterest
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...